Regulation on the Import and Export licensing procedures of Controlled Goods from Trade Authorities
– Pursuant to the Decree on the establishment and operation of the Ministry of Commerce and Tourism No. 24/PM, dated 24 March 1999
– Based on the Decree on import and export No. 205/PM, dated 11 October 2001
The Minister of Commerce sets out
Chapter I: General Principles
Article 1. Licensing
An import or export licensing is a measure to administer import and export of goods in the Lao PDR, with an aim:
– To control the implementation conditions, criteria of the applicants for import or export activities;
– To monitor the conditions and criteria of import or export applicants, and to collect statistics of controlled-good imports or exports;
– To avoid a severe adverse impact on domestic production or national balance of payments;
– To control the import or export of prohibited goods which are occasionally needed for import or export.
Article 2. Applicant
An applicant comprises of importer, exporter as specified in Article 9 and Article 10 of the Decree on Import and Export No. 205/PM, dated 11 October 2001.
Category : Legal Documents